The information below will teach you how to install a software (freeware) called Endomondo.
The program will use your handphone (with GPS) to track down where you are and inform you how far you have been running and your pace for each kilometre (or miles).
First, I give credit to ziff for this.
Step by step settings :
What do you need before Start :
1) Handphone capable with GPS
2) PC with internet connection
3) Full Determination
Endomondo can be installed for selected phone running on windows mobile, symbian and android.
However, the below setting is meant for Windows Mobile phone. You may use these setting as a guide if you intend to install it other than windows mobile phone.
1. With your PC, Log on to Endomondo.com, click download.
2. Please choose your handphone model
3. Please enter your handphone number : and click 'send'
5. Go to that link using your handphone. Your handphone now will be connecting to the internet (local internet charges apply).
6. Wait until it finish downloading (took about less than 5 minutes).
7. After complete the downloading process, you must cancel your Handphone's internet connection (if not, the bill will be sky high)
8. Endomondo will try to install the application automatically into your handphone
It is advisable to install it into your memory card and not your handphone's memory to safe on space.
9. once installed, search endomondo icon in your programs folder, touch/click it, it will launch endomondo.
10. If they ask you to sign in, you can either sign in by register at their website (its free) or just click 'ignore'.
It will start locating satellite signal
11. Once located, it will indicate 'GPS OK' at the bottom of the screen. Click 'start' to begin, and....RUN..!!
TIPS 1 : for symbian phone user (nokia), you will have the 'audio coach' which will inform your distance and your pace (NO voice for windows mobile user..huhu...)
TIPS 2 : change the setting - "options - settings - connectivity - please change to 'wifi only'". The current default is 'always on' meaning that whenever you launch endomondo, it will auto connect your phone to the internet (again, internet charges will apply).
TIPS 3 : Endomondo also meant for other sports as well (cycling, roller skating, skiing, kayaking etc) you can 'select sport' at the setting menu.
For those who still in doubt, pm me...tq
Thanks again to Ziff for this.
See you at Sundown